Hi, my name is Selina. Welcome to my blog – I’m so delighted that you are here!
Ever since I can remember I love being creative and producing beautiful things with my hands.
Besides crafting I am obsessed with watercolours, drawing and hand lettering. Therefore I started my own small design business Eskaa Designs. Visit my Etsy shop for printable wall art and stationery and check out my work on Society6. You can get some awesome free printables here.
What does the name es.kaa. stand for?
Since I was in school I have signed all my handmade items or art with es.kaa. which is my interpretation of the German pronunciation of my initials S and K. In phonetic spelling it would look like this: [ɛs kɑː].
Where do I come from?
Born and raised in southern Germany I now live in the beautiful Mother City of South Africa, Cape Town, close to Lion’s Head and Table Mountain. I live with my fiancé in a cosy home that gets filled more and more with self-made or self-designed décor.
My creative path started with fabric printing (stencil) and photography, when I got my own sewing machine, fashion and accessories followed. I love materials that nature has to offer and I am the proud owner of a toolbox. Right now I am very into hand lettering, watercolours and digital design. But I don’t want to limit myself to one craft or material only – I love experimenting and testing different techniques. And I love quick projects. Hence the blog category “DIY – under 30 minutes”.
And why another crafting blog?
You can’t do too much crafting. For others it’s shopping or chocolate, for me it’s crafting. Crafting therapy. To create things, get completely absorbed in the process, be happy and proud to have made something with your own hands.
I am looking forward to exchanging inspirations with you. Let’s unleash our creativity and enjoy the crafting therapy. I hope this blog inspires creative greatness. Please share your thoughts with me and drop me a line here.
Where to start on the blog?
To get going, check out some of my favourite tutorials:
- Upcycled leaf earrings (super stylish earrings made out of recycled plastic)
- Dreamcatcher with branch and origami cranes (my favourite home décor)
- Quick & easy paper bunting garland (perfect for quick and handmade party decoration)
- Watercolour design with nail polish (I love watercolours and this technique is just amazing)
- Simple embossed envelopes (I absolutely adore this simple technique to make simple envelopes unique, no special tools needed)
- Unique cut out envelopes (Another awesome way to make plain envelopes special)
Or download my favourite free printables:
- Colouring in greeting cards (I love colouring in for adults and these designs are perfect to give to friends and family once coloured)
- Agate slice mini envelopes (cards topping a gift don’t have to be big, make your own mini envelopes for a gift note)
- Black Cat wall art and greeting cards (not only for Halloween, this sneaky cat is the perfect printable for all cat lovers)
Life inspires me – the beautiful things around me – the happiness they bring to me. Let me share this happiness and bring those beautiful things to you.