Christmas is coming closer and we are probably all still in need of Christmas presents. And to express our love and appreciation, we want to give self-made presents that come from the heart and fit the personality of the receiver.
And our time is precious – we can’t work on every single present for hours, so we need gifts that don’t need a lot of time to make. I know how that feels. I’ve been there, too. I would like to share some ideas for personal Christmas presents. This one is the first.
I never really thought that I might like bows. Too girly, too cute, too… But I must admit the one or the other bow really gets to me. So I made this template for leather, felt or even paper to make a simple bow with clean lines.
And here is one way to use it: a leather (or if you prefer: felt) bow necklace.
All you need:
- leather or thick felt
- printed template (download it here)
- sharp scissors
- super glue or fabric glue
- 2 jump rings
- chain (length depends on how long you want it, for shorter necklaces you might need a clasp)
- punch pliers
And here you go:
1. Cut out the template (download the template here).
2. Fasten the template on the leather/felt and cut around it.
3. Put piece (1) and (2) together and fold piece (1) into a bow, use a drop of glue to keep everything in place.
4. Wrap piece (3) around the middle of the bow, pull it tight and glue it. You’re finished with your bow.
5. Punch a small hole on each side (see red marks).
6. Put a jump ring through the hole and connect the end of the chain to the ring. Repeat on the other side.
This bow necklace will make an easy, but very special Christmas present for your girlfriends. How about you grab some craft paint/fabric paint and put some polka dots on the bow?
The necklace is just one idea to use that bow. How about a brooch or a hair clip? Or a fridge magnet, just glue a small magnet to the back.
What ideas do you have? Please share them with us.